bellwetherbookreviews

Bellwether Book Reviews

"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading." - Logan Pearsall Smith.

Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices)

Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare although many good things happen in the second book of the Infernal Devices series, it all felt bittersweet, because everything was shadowed by loss. It was definitely more somber than the Clockwork Angel, and I'm still digging the love triangle's "Tale of Two Cities" parallel. Cassandra Clare continues to be my favorite young adult author. It's apparent to readers of her novels how much effort she puts into her stories, because every detail (no matter how inconsequential it may seem) is stitched together seamlessly. It's amazing how she has been able to pull off the world building and connection between this series and Mortal Instruments. And she never fails at leaving readers fidgeting in anticipation for the next installment. HOPEFULLY it won't be another year and a half before we can read book three. Ah well, I suppose that's what readers should expect when they begin reading a well-written series.