bellwetherbookreviews

Bellwether Book Reviews

"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading." - Logan Pearsall Smith.

Hissy Fit

Hissy Fit - Mary Kay Andrews If you like interior design, antique shopping, small towns where everyone knows everyone else's business, and extensive, poetic descriptions of Georgian scenery, then you will fall in love with this book. After reading my second Mary Kay Andrews novel, it's clear she fancies all of the above, and that she writes for this very narrow demographic. Just like Weezie in Savannah Blues, Hissy fit's protagonist, Keeley, has an fascination with ridiculously overpriced, antique furniture. Readers that aren't familiar with interior design lingo, and aren't privy to what brands and craftsmen people are willing to pay big money at auctions for, will have a difficult time following Keeley's ramblings each time she goes on an antiquing expedition. Unfortunately, I'm not as fascinated with such things, and therefore, didn't appreciate it. Though, I must say, it was better than Savannah Blues.